Sam’s Soon-To-Be-World-Renowned Chocolate Chip Muffins
[Okay, so, here’s the story. Earlier tonight I was sitting on my couch, staring at my favorite cookbook, and everything I was seeing was just so BORING. I decided that boring wasn’t going to cut if for me, tonight. So, I got adventurous. I am very, very glad that I did. I mixed 4 or so recipes together to create this one and it is stellar. They are moist and not too sweet and they melt in your mouth and they’re wonderful. As I told my dad, I am pretty sure this is the secret to my millions. I really hope you guys are as pleased with these babies as I am. Fair warning though, it’s nearly impossible to eat just one.]
- 6 tablespoons of butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (hello, secret ingredient!)
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until they are fluffy. In a separate bowl, lightly whisk the eggs and add to the butter and sugar mixture. Add in the yogurt. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Mix until everything is well combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Fill each muffin cup 2/3(if it’s a little more, that’s okay. They don’t rise all that much) full
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool the muffins in their tin for 10 minutes. Carefully remove them and allow them to cool the rest of the way on a wire rack.
- Serve and enjoy! <3