Veggie Stir-Fry in Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 3/4 cup of low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup of natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of molasses
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (more or less, depending on how much spice you like.
- 1/2 cup of low-sodium vegetable broth
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 heaping cup of broccoli florets
- 1 heaping cup of cauliflower florets
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and sliced into matchsticks
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced into half moons
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- Sea salt and pepper
- In a medium saucepan, heat the vegetable broth over medium heat. Add in the peanut butter and whisk until smooth. Whisk in the vinegar, molasses, curry, and cayenne. Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- In a wok or a large, deep frying pan, heat the vegetable broth until it simmers. Add in the garlic, onion, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, zucchini, ginger, salt and pepper. Fry, stirring very frequently, until all of the vegetables are tender-crisp. Add the peanut sauce and stir well.
- Serve over brown rice or rice noodles.